A Member of the Institution is expected to be current and committed in the payment of his dues and levies as may be imposed by Council. All subscriptions are due on the 1st day of July each year.
A Member whose subscription is in arrears for one year shall lose his membership of or affiliation to the Institution.
Every member or affiliate is bound to further, to the best of his ability, the objects, interests and influence of the Institution.
All classes of membership must pass through a chapter except where there is no chapter in the state.
Classes of Membership
Every Candidate for admission to the class of fellow or for transfer from member to fellow shall apply and produce evidence acceptable to the council, that
- he possesses a Degree in Electrical Engineering registerable by COREN
- has been a corporate member of the institution for at least ten years
- has held a position of higher responsibility and has attained prominence in the profession OR in a very special case
- has made extra-ordinary contribution to the cause of the institution, as determined by the Council.
2. Corporate Member
Every candidate for election or transfer to the class of member shall apply and produce evidence acceptable to the Council that:
- he possesses a Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering registerable by COREN
- he has had at least four years recognized professional experience and has made contributions to the Electrical/Electronics Engineering profession.
3. Associate Member
Every candidate for election to the class of Associate Member shall apply and satisfy the Council that
- he possesses an HND (Higher National Diploma) in engineering or degree in the Sciences
- he has had at least 4 years experience in the practice of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
4. Graduate Member
- Every candidate for transfer from student member to the class of Graduate Member shall apply and produce evidence to the satisfaction of the council that
(a) he possesses a degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering or its equivalent recognized by the institution and registerable by COREN
(b) he must have been a graduate of Electrical/Electronics Engineering for at least 1 year
5. Student Member
Every candidate for election to the class of Student Member shall be a bonafide matriculated student of Electrical/Electronics Engineering of a university, polytechnic or any higher institution or its equivalent recognized by the institution.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP is subject to school HoD confirmation and must pass through a relevant chapter
6. Affiliate Member
Every candidate for admission into the class of affiliate shall be a person considered to have made relevant contribution(s) to the filed of Electrical/Electronics Engineering and its allied specialization
7. Corporate Firm Member
Every candidate for election to the class of Corporate Firm Member shall be a registered company or organization recognized under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria whose ordinary course of business is concerned with or promotes the development of the Profession or the Institution and which has achieved prominence in such manner as prescribed.